Saturday, February 11, 2012

today is my birthday


and i'm on top of the world. after a very good (and quick) trip to new orleans...



i am happy to home with my family again. there is honestly nothing i want more than to just hang out with them and spend the day together. that would just top off my week perfectly.

so i've been thinking a lot since my time off at home about how this year is going to go, and i have to say i'm excited for it. already the first month has proven to be so fulfilling and it has me stoked for the coming 11 months. i kind of have this mantra that i've started to go by - mostly things i want to do for myself, some of it is for other people.




smile more is for me. so simple, yet so effective for me. this one is to help me remember to lighten up and laugh more often. as i've implemented this already i feel a difference in my attitude, in my energy and in the well being of my mental health. i am happier. i laugh more. and it's a good reminder to not sweat the small stuff, but to take it stride and laugh at things that could otherwise just cause me stress or frustration. i find myself in a much better mood when i remember to smile more. i love this one.

take more is also for me. this year i want to take more pictures, both professionally and personally. and personally i'm mostly thinking of our everyday life at home. that's the stuff i want to remember forever. time goes by so fast and it seems like i am constantly wanting to make it stop and hold on to every phase beth (and now hyde) are in. there's no better way to do that than with pictures. so i've resolved to taking more so i can hang on to our life and the sometimes simple, sometimes complicated moments that make it up.

do more is for me too. ever seen the movie yes man? that's kind of what i'm after here. i want to do more, get out more, see more, experience more, the whole bit. because that's what keeps me sane. i want to live outside and make sure my kids know how to live outside and learn to love it as much as i do. making a conscious effort to do more will bring a little more life and fulfillment to my soul and i think that's healthy. i think it's okay to take the time to do more for me.

be more is for everyone else. i really want to be more as a wife and a mother. i want to be more patient, be more open, be more active, more selfless, more personal, a better friend. i don't want to be lazy about it. and not that i'm trying to be wonder woman or anything, just that i think i can be better than what i am now in so many senses. so for everyone else, yes, i want to be more.

so that's it friends. that's my mantra. smile more, take more, do more, be more. i like that when i've thought about one of these in any given situation it's already made a difference. it changes my course of action and it's almost always for the better. it's awesome.

yes friends, i think it's going to be a good year. a good 31st year for me. we're on the right track so far, and i'm diggin it.

and now, i'm going to go play in the snow with my kids. a stellar day indeed.

1 comment:

o charm said...

love your cute pics, and your inspiration! you are so awesome, girl.