Tuesday, February 19, 2013

be mine



my whole life i have never been a valentine's day person. the cheesy hearts, the pink plastered all over everything, the whole deal has never appealed to me. but for some reason this year, i was super into it. i was excited to make it exciting for my family, and boy did i have big plans. portions of my plan were a huge success and other parts... not so much. ie: the homemade fortune cookies with personal hand written fortunes inside that were going to be amazing ended up being a total bust. after 4 cookie sheet attempts with 32 cookies only 3 of which turned out, i threw in the towel and went with plan b: yogurt covered pretzels for the kids inside tiny little chinese take out boxes. those ended up being a big hit. so, ultimate success.

the successful parts were: making valentines with beth the day before for daddy, hyde and our daycare mom and kids. very fun. and also the really cute mail boxes in the dollar section of target to house the little valentine cards that she and i put together. and also, major success from hank :) a giant bouquet of beautiful flowers (that weren't roses - he knows me well....), some delicious chocolates, and an awesome new scarf (again, he knows me well). i was thoroughly impressed. even got me a card from the kids :) i probably should have done more than just homemade valentines and peanut butter chocolate hearts for him. thank goodness he's patient with me. i love you my dear...

from the mentioned festivities:



and is there anything more beautiful than the next four images.... i think not. my heart stops every time i look at them.





hyde slept through the festivities on 2/14, so he got his the next day. and so glad because i got the cutest pictures of him with way better light and in way better spirits. i may be a little biased...




if you're going to let me mom... don't mind if i do!




happy (late) valentines day.

1 comment:

o charm said...

cute linds!!
i can't believe you attempted the fortune cookies! even for trying you are SUPER MOM!!!