Wednesday, November 30, 2011

3x12





so grateful. so grateful for my good life and what i have. because i really do have it good. i'm grateful for a lot of things, but top 3 things i'm grateful for? here they are:

hank. the man. THE man. i'm grateful for him stepping up the plate and being there when i need him most. i'm grateful for his input, for our conversations, and for his help when i'm wrestling with a problem. i love his big arms that wrap around me and pull me close, making me feel safe from anything that might eat me alive. i'm grateful for how hard he works, and he does work hard to provide for us and give our little family such a wonderful and happy life. i'm grateful for the good dad that he is, and the way he plays with beth and obliges to her requests to dance or do things he probably never thought he'd do. but for his kid, he will. he'll do anything. he's an amazing dad and husband. love that guy.

beth. i fell in love with her all over again last week after taking the week off and being able to spend every second of every day with her. she is such a blast right now. we can actually communicate! (i'm incredibly grateful for communication.) we understand each other. she is learning and saying new words all the time, and it's like she turned into a little girl overnight. i'm grateful for her smile, for her cuddles, for the fact that she loves to be with me as much as i love to be with her, for her playfulness, and for her innately good heart. she loves to please, loves to laugh and tease, and be a part of everything that's going on. i'm grateful for our loud, funny moments and i'm grateful for our quiet ones. tonight as we were cuddling just before tucking her into bed (total success, by the way - we are golden), she whispered "knuckles" to me and held out her fist for me to hit back. she never moved her head from my shoulder as we knocked fists. i love moments like these and try so hard to permanently etch them in my mind. this girl is the light of my life. i am grateful for what she has brought and added to my soul.

and lastly, the new guy. i'm so excited and so ready for him to come. i can't imagine my heart being any more full, and worry that it's going to be split in half when he comes, but people tell me that your love just grows, it doesn't get taken away from one to go to another. that whole notion does nothing but get me stoked. i can hardly wait, and i'm so grateful that we've been blessed to have this little guy be a part of our family. i'm grateful that we've been entrusted with another one, and anxious for his arrival and the joy i know that will come with it.

it was good month. a good month to reflect on blessings and realize just how lucky we are and how good we have it. the perfect way to open up the holiday season - the happiest and most selfless time of year. hooray for these wonderful holidays!

No comments: