Saturday, June 30, 2012

my time away

i spent the last few days in florida on a work trip. and while i have to say it was pretty incredible and definitely a luxury trip, i missed my kids and man more than ever and couldn't wait to get home. seriously, the trip was incredible. super motivating - the level at which the people i was surrounded by think and operate on a daily basis is so far beyond me, it was crazy. i just soaked it up and left wanting to reach higher and work toward being... THAT. it was so cool to be there. and it may have helped that i stayed at a beach front property. :) but by friday i was really, really anxious and excited to come home and find my three loves. truly, there is nothing better than coming home to them.




beth both won my heart and lost it tonight with two things...

won:

beth: mom, guess what?

me: what?

beth: (with enthusiastic smile) i love you!

me: you love me?

beth: yeah, i love you!

(and my insides turn to mush...)


lost:

me: beth, can you please take your shoes off and go upstairs to get ready for a bath?

beth: no, mom. i don't want to take my shoes off.

me: beth, take your shoes off please. it's time to go up and take a bath.

beth: no mom. i don't want to talk to you anymore

me: you what? you don't want to talk to me???

beth: yeah. i don't want to talk to you mom.

me: (with giant sigh) you're two beth. you're not allowed to tell me that yet.

(and... i want to cry.)

other than that little episode, it was still a stellar day. we rode our bikes, played outside, got some housework done, went swimming at the lake, and met up with some friends for dinner. today as we drove along the lake's edge with the windows down, beth and i both with our hands out the window feeling the air rush by, i couldn't help but think how happy i was and what a beautiful life i lead.

florida? awesome.       home? untouchable.


No comments: