Monday, April 8, 2013

easter: part ii

easter morning. beth understood that it was kind of like christmas where someone comes in the middle of the night to leave presents and hide the eggs to find in the morning, so she was up at 6:15. hyde, on the other hand, waited until around 7:30 to join in the festivities. i think after getting his basket he wished that he had been up earlier with beth. hank came down around 8:30 and we had a lovely easter breakfast as a family.

ps: i realize that their baskets are unconventional and very un-eastery. it was a last ditch effort after a failed attempt to find our real easter baskets in the attic on saturday night. a quick 11:00pm run to the store, and this is what hank came back with. princesses and a baseball. apparently the stores had cleared out their easter gear. certainly not my first choice (probably not even my 5th or 6th choice), but hey, at least they had baskets and we avoided total crisis.




we hosted dinner with some friends late that afternoon - it was a gorgeous day - and of course, hid some eggs full of candy outside for the kids. a few shots from the hunt:



hyde learned really quick how to open the eggs, scarf the candy and then ditch the empty eggs for the other kids to pick up. smart kid....




and a quick throwback to last easter when we blessed hyde. we've all grown a lot in the last year. i wish i had a picture of the four of us from this year, but alas, i failed miserably in that department. oh well.




totally unrelated story: this morning i was dropping beth off at daycare and she came up to give me my hug and kiss as is a very important ritual with her ("mom, you can't leave without my hug and kiss" - we have to do this even if we are just leaving the house to go get the mail). and after she gave me a kiss, she hugged my bulging belly real tight with her arms and head, then looked up at me and said ever so seriously, "mom, don't lose my sister okay? you have to keep her in your tummy. don't lose my sister. okay???" i told her i would see what i could do to make sure that happened, and reassured her that it wasn't time for the baby to come out yet. then later today when i picked her up from daycare with my still bulging belly, the first thing she said was, "mom, did you keep my sister in your tummy?" it made me smile and wonder just how intuitive she might be, given that we still don't know if this new little life joining our family will be a boy or a girl. we're all so anxious to find out - one month from today exactly!!! it can't come soon enough....

No comments: